OK, so maybe I don't hate all fruit but I've probably gone a year at a time without eating a piece of fresh fruit. If my 3-year-old didn't love it, I would probably still forget to eat any.

Friday, December 10, 2010

What is wrong with me?

I have been stress eating this week.  Al is working long hours to hit a major deadline before Christmas on top of us both having a lot of commitments.  Bekah decided to stop napping in her bed and sleeping through the night the last two weeks.  The duplex seems to be getting smaller, and I’m stressing over when we will get to move and where we will live next.  So, we hit Wendy’s and McDonalds because I didn’t feel like cooking.  Then Applebee’s last night so we could have a little fun time with Daddy before he had to get back to work.  And Chinese food with friends on Sunday and Italian today with my girlfriends, all of whom we haven’t seen as much lately.

But why?  Why is food so comforting to me?  Why don’t I deal with the stress and pressure in more productive ways?  On the upside, my gym finally opened its new facility and now offers inexpensive childcare.  So a couple of days this week, I “escaped” to the gym.  But now I am out of excuses not to get to the gym and pressuring myself to make the time.  But timing a trip to the gym while childcare is available when Bethany and Rebekah are not eating or sleeping (or supposed to be sleeping) is proving difficult.

I struggle with depression, and I feel myself slipping.  So here I am, forcing myself to post on the blog asking for accountability, as I listen to Bekah cry and fight another nap.  And when her nap is over I’m going to feed her, get Bethany up and head to the gym again.  I will pick up and continue on after all my lapses this week.

Oh no, I better get my workout clothes into the dryer if I want to use them in an hour…

3 comments:

  1. Good job for posting, Chelle. I stress-eat, too. And there are just some times when it's harder to discipline yourself. Don't beat yourself up over it; just take a step in the right direction. Exercising will help with the depression tendencies, too! You will be happier when you finish exercising! That's one of the main reasons I keep getting out there and running.
    Come on, you can do it. I'm proud of you for doing this with Rebekah really still so young. That takes more commitment than when they're a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, my friend. I hope today you are feeling more positive! I really admire everything that you have been able to accomplish so far...you inspired me to get myself going even though I have a little one. We can both do it!!

    ReplyDelete