OK, so maybe I don't hate all fruit but I've probably gone a year at a time without eating a piece of fresh fruit. If my 3-year-old didn't love it, I would probably still forget to eat any.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

First Fitness Goals

In the absence of Bob & Jillian, I decided I should set a couple of fitness goals at the gym to motivate myself.  They are probably laughable to anyone who knows anything about fitness, but I have to start somewhere, right?  Baby Steps…

#1) Finish a mile in under 15 minutes.  A good walking pace for me is a 17:30 minute mile.  It gets my heart pumping and any faster would require a jog.  But I remember from high school that a 15 minute mile is a basic fitness test, and I remember that I barely passed that test.  So earlier this week I did a 16:30 minute mile and last night I slashed my time to 15:19!

#2) Leg raises - 3 reps of 10.  The equipment at the gym requires me to hold up my body weight while trying to pull my knees up to my chest using my abdominal muscles.  So far, I can do 3 reps of 2.

I feel pretty good about my leg strength.  After all, they’ve been moving my 200 pound body around for years.  So after the treadmill, I do the circuit of machines that work my arms, back and abs.

Thank you, Biggest Loser, for giving me the courage and motivation to go to the gym!  If they can do it, so can I!  And if I can do it, so can you!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's always great to get started with goals. And you are well on your way to accomplishing those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a long-winded comment a while ago, and then realized that I didn't have an ID. Aaaah! I worked hard on that too! I'm way too tired to try it again now. But I hope to be a regular, so you'll be hearing from me. I'm so impressed with what you've got going here. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete