OK, so maybe I don't hate all fruit but I've probably gone a year at a time without eating a piece of fresh fruit. If my 3-year-old didn't love it, I would probably still forget to eat any.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

McDonald’s detox

OK, I admit it.  I didn’t believe people when they said McDonald’s food messes with their digestive system.  I’ve been eating there for years and it never bothered me.  I watched SuperSize Me, and was slightly deterred for a short time.  My doctor said she can’t bring herself to eat there anymore because real food decomposes.  Have you ever seen a McDonald’s French fry in your car a year later?  It looks the same.  LOL

But for some strange reason, we have not had a meal at McDonald’s for over 2 months.  I think that’s a record for us.  We weren’t avoiding it on purpose; we’ve just been eating at other places.  We do like their low-point ice cream cones, though. Mmmmmm.  And their Cinnamon Melts, but I’ve found a grocery store alternative that is waaaayyyy less points, so I can feed my cravings with that. :P  Anyway, my mom, Bethany and I ate at McDonald’s for lunch today, and my stomach has been churning for 7 hours!  Could it be?  Did I actually go through some sort of detox, and now have I joined the ranks of adults who refuse to eat there at all costs?  Maybe.  I don’t want to feel like this again. :/

4 comments:

  1. It certainly could be. I do eat at McDonald's once in a while, but not often - and usually not a hamburger. I've been eating healthy (mostly) for over a decade now, and I wouldn't want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy did that to me--I still have to be careful with fast food. Fast food Mexican seems to be okay, but burgers...do bad things.

    What's your lower-point alternative for the Cinnamon Melts? Inquiring minds (and Jim's wife) want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually ate a Chicken sandwich, not even a hamburger, but it was breaded.

    Great Value cinnamon rolls. :) 3 pts per roll, though I suppose 3 rolls would probably be the same serving as 1 order of cinnamon melts. Maybe only 2 rolls. But I think I eat 3 rolls (9pts) verses 2 orders of Cinnamon Melts (20pts), so I come out way ahead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job learning how food affects your body. And finding alternatives to fast food. Keep on loving yourself and your body! You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete