OK, so maybe I don't hate all fruit but I've probably gone a year at a time without eating a piece of fresh fruit. If my 3-year-old didn't love it, I would probably still forget to eat any.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I love New Year’s Day, a time of new beginnings, new resolutions, and starting fresh on past goals. Al and I eloped on New Year’s Day. :) The Christmas season is my favorite time of year, and it is complete with New Year’s and our anniversary.

If you've been following my Facebook statuses, you know that for 10 weeks, I've been trying to lose 10 pounds.  I made it!  So, in 2009, I lost 20 pounds and found out God blessed us with our 2nd baby. In 2010, I lost all my pregnancy weight and 20 more pounds. In 2011, I intend to lose 40 pounds more, unless another little blessing comes along. I really enjoyed the 10 pounds in 10 weeks goal, so I am sticking with that plan for intermediate goals. Also, I am going to *run* (yes, I mean run) a 5K this year with Al, and complete a 10K (that doesn’t necessarily mean *run* the whole way). I’ve never run a full mile before, much less 3.2, but I know I can already walk 3.2 at a pretty good pace! I also want to develop some weight training goals, though I have no idea what those should be. Good thing my gym has trainers.

At some point, my weight (as defined by a number on the scale) becomes irrelevant. I think I was about 130 when I was in high school, but I was not fit. I think if I’m fit, my goal weight might be 120 or 125? But if I’m healthy enough to run a 10K, I don’t think I should be obsessed with hitting a certain weight.

Oh yeah, I found out a couple of days ago that Al committed to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks at the same time I did!  Anyone else want to join us?!
 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my friend! :) I can't join you because time-sensitive goals aren't good for my mental state, but 10 lbs and another 10, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get that. Especially if I hit a plateau, I think I will segway into emphasizing the fitness goals instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed! I am not good at doing hard things for a long time. Congratulations on your determination and successes! I wonder if it's getting easier or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I posted - and with my own name! I had to work for that, you know. I guess making technological advances is a hard thing for me. I need to make some goals. :) I want to have better family connections. You didn't know how inspiring you would be, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I will join, but only for 3 lbs. This blog has been motivational for me. I need to lose at least 10, but would like eventually 25. But 10 lbs in 10 wks is unrealistic for me. Seeing as I'm very sedentary & unable to exercise much, my only option is to cut the intake. With swallowing & stomach problems, too, there's a lot of healthy food I can't eat--even more of a challenge. I know what I need to do; now to do it.

    ReplyDelete