OK, so maybe I don't hate all fruit but I've probably gone a year at a time without eating a piece of fresh fruit. If my 3-year-old didn't love it, I would probably still forget to eat any.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Weight-Gain Journey

1995, Size 8
I have never felt thin or graceful or athletic.  Growing up, I dreaded P.E.  I didn’t enjoy walking, much less running, and I wasn’t very good at sports.  I wasn’t overweight until college, but even as a size 8 in high school, I thought I was fat.  I know that is crazy.  Looking at my pictures from back then, I can see I was thin.  But when I already felt fat, it was easy to not care about 5 more pounds, or 5 more pounds, or 5 more…etc.  When I was 19 years old and dating Al, I was a size 10.  When I was 20, my wedding dress was a size 14.



1997, Size 10
When I was 24, I quit my restaurant job and gained 10 lbs in a month due to decreased activity.  That put me over 190 lbs and I was a size 16.  I had my first baby at age 29, lost all my baby weight in the first 6 months, but gained a lot of it back when I stopped nursing.  That put me around 215-220, size 18 Women’s.  That was when I heard a friend's weight-loss story, and with her help and inspiration, I started my weight-loss journey.

Top Picture: Dancing with my Dad at my brother's wedding. It was a great day! (Not to mention the best hair day I've ever had, hehehe.)

Bottom Picture: Al & I when we were first dating.  Notice my dark blue nail polish? You have to love fads.

No comments:

Post a Comment